What is ERP?
Uplift Counseling Services, LLC specializes in OCD treatment via Exposure Response Prevention (ERP). The Exposure in ERP involves direct exposure to the thoughts, images, objects and situations that trigger the anxiety and/or activate the obsessions. The Response Prevention part of ERP, involves making a conscious choice not to engage the compulsion once the anxiety or obsession(s) is triggered. With constant exposure to the provoking stimulus followed by preventing the compulsive behavior the response leads to habituation correlating with decreased anxiety.
What to expect with ERP treatment:
- An individualized treatment plan for exposures tailored specifically to address your OCD
- Support and guidance from your therapist to tackle exposures (in session and at home)
- Skills to manage your OCD outside of session (i.e. ritual prevention)
- The Ultimate Goal—OCD no longer bosses you around! (relief from obsessive thoughts & compulsions)
Study and training of ERP specialization:
2014-2015: McLean Hospital’s Obsessive Disorder Institute (OCDI); Belmont, MA
2017: University of Pennsylvania, Center for Treatment and Study of Anxiety (CTSA): Exposure and Ritual Prevention for OCD Workshop; Philadelphia, PA
Other Clinical Trainings:
- 2018 (Jan.- Mar.) ACT and Mindfulness for Trauma with Dr. Russ Harris